What is the resting position for fuel gauge needle?

I bought a 3/4 gauge set (amp/oil press, temp, and a large fuel gauge/speedo) with the cutout for my PRND21 indicator. When it arrived, the fuel needle was off at the post.

Rather than deal with sending it back or being a pain to the seller, I want to try to reattach the needle. I don't know the natural "resting" position is for the needle after I re-attach it. Can anyone tell me the proper resting position?

Also, any tips on re-attaching the needles without damaging the springs behind the face?

That can happen during shipping. Do not try to pull the needle off, you might damage the meter movement. Remove the gauge from the cluster, gently pry the needle back so it will just clear the post, then reattach the gauge.

EDIT: Just re-read your post. You're saying the needle is off? If this is the case, fill up the tank, then gently push the needle back on so it aligns w, the FULL mark.

Thanks for the tips. In my past world (Maximas), there was a natural resting position for each gauge, and you ALWAYS removed AND installed needles by rotating counter-clockwise, with a gentle lifting motion to remove and a gentle pressing motion to install. You sinply turned them until you reached the resting point and then (if necessary, re-installed the posts and) closed them up. When you started the car, they were properly calibrated.

No such luck here, I suppose.