New hood or hood louvers

Mines got a rehostat controller, a sender/temp prob off the inlet from the h20 pump, and is in series w/the temp sender. It's completly dependant on the exit temp of the colling h20... which in turn helps the thermostat regulate the proper temps... I guess it's a matter of personal preference but my AC blows cold for the month or so that I use it out of the year and the engine keeps from overheating...

I've seen some cool clowles though.... so what ever floats your boat

Oh yeah a thermostat controller i guess, yeah now i know. The whole thermistor thing threw me off.

I wanted to do that at first. Convert to an electric fan with one of those so i can set it when to come on.

But i finally figured out how to turn the aux fan to a switch. here's the link tell me what you think.

http://www.projectxj.com/mods/stocker/fan.switch.htm

My cousin did the same to his truck but he never had AC. I do and i don't know if i do that will the AC relay still kick the fan on when i turn on the AC or defrost. Or will i have to do that manually.

May sound like a pansy wanting my AC but i want to drive it to my 4x4 spots, or camping, and its my DD.

yeah my AC sucks I'm gonna do a retro kit to it. Believe it or not hawaii isnt exactly 70 degrees, add some humidity and direct sunlight and no wind on some days and I'm sweating like I'm back in traffic in vegas :ack: .

I ran a hood spacer for awhile prior to the hood vents way back when. It was cheap and worked well. Nice thing was it was reversible so if you didn't like it 10 mins later it was back to stock. I did notice a difference with it done. You can read the write-up on how to do it here; http://greatlakesxj.activeboard.com/ind ... ID=6594654

I like the looks/function of the hood vents better, but at the time it served it's purpose fine doing the hood spacer mod.

DSCF0121.JPG