JY sliding back window

So I'm at the local JY yesterday,made a deal with the guy for a slider back window(they had 2),carpet,set of polished stainless truck mirrors,and a full gauge cluster,All for a hundred bucks.they also had a pristine tailgate that I almost convinced myself that I wanted. Anyway,I'm asking for :help: suggestions on how to get the glass out of my truck,without breaking it or cutting the gasket,I hate to destroy good parts bc don't know when I might need a backglass or gasket.

So I'm at the local JY yesterday,made a deal with the guy for a slider back window(they had 2),carpet,set of polished stainless truck mirrors,and a full gauge cluster,All for a hundred bucks.they also had a pristine tailgate that I almost convinced myself that I wanted. Anyway,I'm asking for :help: suggestions on how to get the glass out of my truck,without breaking it or cutting the gasket,I hate to destroy good parts bc don't know when I might need a backglass or gasket.

Use an extractor blade.

I've pulled two now and have yet to save the gasket. I have the window tool that you can buy but I guess mine is a cheap one because it doesn't work for crap. I used a hook blade(I think their called carpet knifes) from the inside. I saved the outside portion of the gasket the second time, but still cut the back of it that wraps around the window. I'd like to know the secret as well if someone has it.

:cheers:

I've pulled two now and have yet to save the gasket. I have the window tool that you can buy but I guess mine is a cheap one because it doesn't work for crap. I used a hook blade(I think their called carpet knifes) from the inside. I saved the outside portion of the gasket the second time, but still cut the back of it that wraps around the window. I'd like to know the secret as well if someone has it.

Use an extractor blade already:

It is the best way to keep glass safe for extraction and seals complete for reuse.

What's that hook on to and where can I get one?

http://www.allglassparts.com/product/404964/400277

Attaches just like a sawsall blade into a sawsall.

Edit, that one looks like it is meant to work with a specific kit:

look around some more, and you will find some better deals and ones that are meant to mount into a sawsall:

https://www.autobodytoolmart.com/p-15994-20059.aspx