My Totally Changed Build Plans

TNT

My MJ build plans have totally changed.

Since I decided that my MJ will be a work truck to make my life these are the updated plan.

It will have a '94 XJ 4.0 HO engine, a AW-4 transmission and a NP242 wide chain transfer case. Some of the other changes are a front HP44, a rear 9"rear axle, some QR78-15's (35.5" tall)with 5" of lift, a fully plated frame, front military wraped leaf springs and some serious front fender work. :brows: .

I'm trying to find a used 8' Fisher plow blade because I like their design. Part of the plan is a slightly dovetailed flatbed that will also be converted to a dump bed in the future. I'll also make an easily removeable lower custom plow carriage that will have rear mounts running under the axle and attaching to the the frame rail under the drivers seat.

It's great to be able to control the blade when shifting. I built basicly the same style controls for a stick shift plow truck I built years ago that I will be using for my MJ.

My design will have plow controls with electronic 4 momentary micro switches which will custom mounted to the auto shifter shaft just below the shifter handle. They will control relays to operate solenoids that will control the hydraulic valves. It will be powered by a heavy duty hydraulic pump with a clutch like an AC pump uses. The hydraulic system will power the dump bed, front and rear winches in the future. The design includes a left side rear mounted hydraulic hoist to lift heavy objects in to the bed and it will pivot on bearings.

The AC compressor will become on board air capable of running air tools and have quick disconnects front and rear. It will have a front air locker and 5.13 gears

It will also be running dual XJ fuel tanks, custom bumpers, weld in rock rails and more.

Then I'll get more play time in the snow. jamminz.gif

I'll be starting some of this before my back surgery and finishing it after recovery.

I'll update the post with more plan and pictues as work progresses.

:cheers:

Sounds like you like to keep busy. That's quite a project, all the power to ya!

I want to build it like this because my back is bad. Once it's done it will allow me to be lazy which is the goal. I'll let it do the work.