Finally got my carpet up...suggestions on minor floor repair

I would call the manufacturer on that one. They would know for sure. :thumbsup: My guess is POR goes on first since you need it against the steel to be effective.

That si what I thought. Actually, once I read the POR website (and I still plan to call them), it appears that they have a kit that inclused mesh but no resin or hardener, implying that they might just recommend that you put down a coat of the por 15 around the hole (to hold the mesh in place) and lay the mesh on/over the hole then go back over the mesh with more POR-15. It may be that the POR-15 dries hard enough with the mesh integrated with the coating to form itself into a quasi-fiberglass patch.

But I will call for sure.

Just to post a little resolution to this:

This past weekend, I was able to do the POR-15 repair on the floor. I embedded fibrerglass mesh between the coats of POR-15 (per recommendation from the POR-15 tech support) and I was very impressed with the strength in the end. I also did some fiberglass mesh and POR15 on the underside.

The POR-15 dried so hard that I could drive a nail with the paintbrush that I used to apply the product the previous day.

I tapped and beat and poked around after allowing it to cure for 48 hours and it was very solid. I jumped the gun a bit and drove the truck yesterday (I had nto driven it more than 10 feet since installing new F&R shocks, a new track bar and mount, and my 30" Goodyears on Gamblers), and I still have one more coat to do on the bottom. I also need to do the undercoating to have it finished.

Anyone know an average rate to have the floor pans replaced if you cannot do the work yourself? I'm not a welder.

Not counting the pan itself, I had quotes of $60-100 to do the welding. It would still need to be seamsealed and then painted/coated on top and bottom.

I went the POR-15 and fiberglass mesh route after thoroughly cleaning the surfact rust and then being able to take a hammer to the remaining material without it failing. If it was that strong, it will last me at least a few years.

I must say, though, that that is based on me having remedied the problem (cause of the rust).