Changing gauge cluster, how to get dash around it out?

The easiest thing to do in your truck is to unbolt the steering column and drop it down. There are just two bolts/nuts holding it up to the dash structure and it only takes a minute or two to do. :cheers:

Did you get the oil pressure sender and the temp sender for the guage cluster as well?

The easiest thing to do in your truck is to unbolt the steering column and drop it down. There are just two bolts/nuts holding it up to the dash structure and it only takes a minute or two to do. :cheers:

Did you get the oil pressure sender and the temp sender for the guage cluster as well?

Thanks, I'll look at that.

And I haven't bought them yet, going to buy new senders this weekend.

Thanks, I'll look at that.

And I haven't bought them yet, going to buy new senders this weekend.

You can also be very, very careful and slide the facia toward you, then allow the top of the gage surround to slide against the underside of the top of the dash. You will want to start the truck, put it in "1" and shut it down before you start. As you get to where the dash trim feels like it is about to snap, it will slide right out. You might want to turn it counter-clockwise as you pull it toward you.

I have pulled the dash facia 3-4 times in my MJ with column shift and have not dropped the column, but I have also pulled that facia out of an XJ at least 50 times.