Rear clunking

2001 XJ

I put a new set of leaf springs on the vehicle to get it back up to stock height and get rid of the sag. I also put new shocks on at the same time (munroe sensatracs). Whenever I go over a bump the rear end clunks. I can't seem to find it exactly and I don't see any metal that has been scratched. Anyone have any ideas where it could be coming from? I'm thinking maybe the shocks themselves but I can't find anywhere on the net that anyone else has had a problem with them. I also put on new shackles for the rear and new bushings for the front and rear springs.

Might be something bumping around that you didn't notice before because the suspension wasn't as stiff. Just to be sure as well, I'd go over the bushing bolts and U-bolts just to make sure everything's been tightened down. If you haven't already, that is.

Might be something bumping around that you didn't notice before because the suspension wasn't as still. Just to be sure as well, I'd go over the bushing bolts and U-bolts just to make sure everything's been tightened down. If you haven't already, that is.

More good advice!! Thats what I would do too. Check everything assume NOTHING!!!

Mvusse also makes a gfood point. Those "pins" at the top are known noise makers.

First thing I thought of was you missd tightening something....

CW