MY 87 MJ

Nothing special....just getting ready to do some more work on my 87 MJ...4x4...4.0...AW4...np231..d30/d35...for now....long bed. SPOA on the rear and getting ready to put my RE 4-1/2'' coils and lower control arms on the front.

Basically I'm gonna part out my red 88 xj....it's got 4-1/2'' RE coils on the front...and some kind of aftermarket extended lower control arms....the back of the xj has full 4'' or full 6'' springs...can't remember which...LOL.

Red XJ has a SYE and a tom woods driveshaft on it.....it's gotta 5 speed in it...tho..so not sure about the lengths compared to the one in my MJ. I'm probably gonna steal the front skid and transfer case skid as well.

I'm also putting the doors and hood off of my red xj on it....lebaron vents on the hood.....doors are just in better shape.

Here's some before pics....with 31'' all terrains on it....

8030600188_medium.jpg

8030600181_medium.jpg

and now with my 31''x12.50....Super Swamper TSL-SX's on 15''x10'' cragar streetlocks on it.......also..gonna finish out my bumpers with some d-rings and some diamond plate to box them in somewhat and a little bit more bracing on the outers. I have a homemade roof rack off of my white xj that I'm going to cut down and powdercoat and mount it on the top of the Comanche or in the bed...if in the bed I'm also going to mount my spare that matches the wheels and tires that are on it now.

32142790019_medium.jpg?084112-362

32142790003_medium.jpg?304012-362

32142790001_medium.jpg?304012-362

32142790006_medium.jpg?304012-362

32142790020_medium.jpg?084112-362

Cool....Couldn't remember how long the 5 speed XJ shafts were and forgot to look yesterday when I was up at the house..LOL.

I'll probably just sell the driveshaft to a buddy with an XJ...or someone online or something then. If I decide to keep this MJ after I lift it...I'll probably be throwing a different rear axle in it anyways and from what I've owned and read in the past...you usually never have to put a SYE on a Comanche...unless you're goin BIG...BIG...or have alot of issues with your current setup or something.

Thanks

You don't have to, but a SYE is a good upgrade. :thumbsup:

XJ's are much shorter than MJs and it's that wheelbase that makes the difference in rear driveshaft length. But while we're on the subject, the AW4 is about an inch longer than the AX-15 and Peugeot manual trannys.