Leaking cab.

I've had a problem with water leaking in the cab. I think that it is coming from around the back glass. The double wall area at the back of the cab gets wet under real heavy rain. and then runs into the floor boards on each side. I havent taken out the back carpet panel to see if its running down the inside of the cab or inbetween the metal panels. (if that makes since)

On the to the window.. My rear sliding window is glued in with the rubber gasket/grommet pressed in to fill in the void. Are the windows suppose to be glued in or is the rubber gasket suppose to hold the window in. (I know on alot of trucks the rubber gasket is what holds the window in. they are not glued in). A year or two ago, i pulled the gasket off to see if could see an area where water could run in. At the top of each corner there were dime size holes in the recessed area of the roof. above each corner of the window( they are not visible unless you take the rubber grommet off, i tried to silicone them up then). I'm not sure if under heavy rain the water cannot flow from behind the grommet fast enough and eventually fills up to those holes and then leaks in the back that way or not.

Has any one had this problem?

If any of this explaination isnt clear, Ill try and rephrase it.

thanks

It's not glue, but yes they are glued in with silicone. The best trick I've found for tracing water leaks is to pull everything out of the truck (sometimes you can see the tracks of the water) and make sure everything is dry. Then sprinlke baby powder everywhere you think the water might be traveling too and from. Then close up the truck and hose it down in every suspect location. The water should make tracks through the powder and lead you straight to the source. I've had success with this method 3 times now (3 different trucks). :D When it comes to leaky windows, I usually just buy some black exterior house silicone for a caulking gun. Automotive stuff is too expensive and bathroom silicone is too stinky.

Jeep on!

--Pete

I was going to suggest the same thing, just go snag some black silicone caulk and run a new bead around the window seal. Just take your time, cut the tip small so you'll have more control, wipe off any excess quick as to not stain or haze the finish. Should be an easy fix.

are yall saying that I should just peel back the lip of the rubber grommet and and lay a bead and press back down the rubber grommet. Or should i pull the grommet out totally and try and reseal the window and then reinstall the grommet. The grommet was a PITA to put back in and get it to sit flush with the cab.

thanks for the help..