Tranny Question.

Anybody ever swap in a TF904? I know alot of people want an auto in there trucks but don't want to deal with the hassle and work involved in an aw4 swap so why not the 904? Am I missing something other than the fact that it won't have an overdrive? I belive one out of a early 90's YJ should swap right in behind the 4.0l and still allow use of the 231 correct?

I know alot of people want an auto in there trucks but don't want to deal with the hassle and work involved in an aw4 swap so why not the 904?

What's the hassle in swapping an AW4? :hmm: It is almost completely self contained with its own computer and only needs input from the TPS. Get all the wiring and computer from the donor truck and it is probably about the easiest swap possible.

Willy

The 904 is stout as hell I have one in my CJ and it has put up with tons of abuse from a built 4.2L. And they used the 904 in the early YJ's behind the 4.0 with a 231 behind them. I am not arguing the AW4 is stronger but the 904 is no wimp.

I thought you had to swap the entire underhood harness to do the AW4 swap? :???: