TPS Test Procedure

OK, did a search and got the "connect tab A to slot B" instructions on how to check the TPS. Thats the easy part.

I'm having some issues actually checking the voltages. Should I be stripping insulation off the wires? Poke the probes into the back side of the connector? Which works best for you guys?

And is there a way to get rid of the darn TPS? The design is just poor.

Last question. When I took the old TPS off the throttle body, there are two other parts that fit into the throttle body. One is a plastic gasket thing and the other is a plastic flange of some sort. The flange bit looks a little old and worn. Where can I get the part numbers for them?

I just stuck the probes in the connector beside the wires when I checked mine. It was a little bit of a PITA, but I got it done.

No...you can't do away with the TPS unfortunately.

Don't have any clue what you are talking about with the plastic thing/gasket :dunno: . I didn't see anything like that on mine when removed.

I just stuck the probes in the connector beside the wires when I checked mine. It was a little bit of a PITA, but I got it done.

No...you can't do away with the TPS unfortunately.

Don't have any clue what you are talking about with the plastic thing/gasket :dunno: . I didn't see anything like that on mine when removed.

The plastic bit I was talking about sits between the TPS and the throttle body. Here's a pic of it:

Also, I was looking at my setup and its obvious to me now that I don't have the stock deal going. My MJ is an '87 but the engine is from a 01 Grand Cherokee. The TPS is mounted on the firewall side of the throttle body (vice the radiator side where the RENIX would be) and the throttle body appears to be a 91+. The only thing this appears to affect is the placement of the TPS and it looks to me like the little plastic bit I was talking about is jury-rigged to fit, given that the 91+ doesn't use the same TPS as the 90-.