4wd not working

Ok the transfercase does work and the front driveshaft does ingage and dis ingage but the rightside axle does not on my 91XJ. I know it has something to do with the vacume. what can I cheak as it has sliped my mind after a few years of not being around jeeps.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks. I think I understand from all that I should remove the CAD and shim the linkage over. but this will make it fulltime 4wd right, or just always turn the front axle? 2 and 4wd from tansfercase still work? do I have to block off the vaccum lines. and when you remove the Cad and shim or change the pin on it so it is ingaged do I move axel over then reinstall?????

I would have to right?

:dunno:

:cheers:

All it does is makes the passenger side into a one piece axleshaft, just like every other Jeep since the early 90s (XJ stopped in ~92, wrangler stopped in 95). It does not give you AWD. You t-case will still function exactly like it does now. :thumbsup:

well I have not done this yet but the one on the mj works realy well so when i change the rear end to the xj I may just change the front if the gear ratio is different anyway. IF not then I will swap just the actuator over and see if it works on the Xj front end.

• 4 weeks later...

Well thanks for all the help guys.

I had a short day at work today and after getting stuck in the snow yesterday I was able to get the jeep in the garage and fix the font axle. the boys were king of looking at me strange when I started to put spacers on the fork shaft and then put it back on the front housing..

worked great and Me girl is loving me again now that we have snow all over the place.