POR 15 Question

djag12

Yes. You can paint pretty much anything over POR 15. I used roll out bedliner over it with no problems. Just need to scuff it up a little. I believe their website has all the info that you would need.

:cheers:

i wouldnt, you might run into delamination problems. my buddy works for line-x and he said it sticks to baremetal the best, as paint could come loose with the bedline, unless its the factory baked finish. if your doing a do it your self roll on style, just make sure you sand it REALLY well.

i wouldnt, you might run into delamination problems. my buddy works for line-x and he said it sticks to baremetal the best, as paint could come loose with the bedline, unless its the factory baked finish. if your doing a do it your self roll on style, just make sure you sand it REALLY well.

POR 15 won't let go. The spray in bedliner may but if he prepares it right, as you said, he should be good. I'm thinking he may be talking about the floorpan and not the bed. But that's just me assuming.

POR-15® is a high-tech, high performance rust-preventive coating designed for application directly on rusted or seasoned metal surfaces. It dries to an incredible rock-hard, non-porous finish that won't chip, crack, or peel, and it prevents rust from recurring by protecting metal from further exposure to moisture.

Yeah I know don't believe everything you read but my personnal experience, it's the toughest finish I've seen.

:cheers: