Feeler For Sun Visor Fabrication

edman2007

I just picked up the sun visor from the P.O. who had it stuffed away in his garage for a year since i bought the MJ. Would anyone be interested if I could fab up some decent copies of it? Just a thought instead of paying $200+ for a new one.

Thanks,

JD

If I can get a really good finish on it (no bubbles, nicks or anything), cost of materials plus a couple bucks for time. If not a really good finish then just cost of materials. It was just a thought, ill try to get a price on the materials soon.

let me guess...you grew up with a WAY over-priced chemistry set?

No, never had anything like that. I just like doing my own work. And hey, if I can make them cheaper, why not share the goods? :brows:

You could re-create bushwackers like that too :brows:

Yeah, i have thought of that (fabbing up fully fiberglass fenders or just the flares). Probably not the pre-runner style, but ones with extended built in flares. But then the question is, what do you do when you hit them on something? Fiberglass probably wouldn't hold up as well as the composites in the bushwackers.

JD

let me guess...you grew up with a WAY over-priced chemistry set?

No, never had anything like that. I just like doing my own work. And hey, if I can make them cheaper, why not share the goods? :brows:

You could re-create bushwackers like that too :brows:

Yeah, i have thought of that (fabbing up fully fiberglass fenders or just the flares). Probably not the pre-runner style, but ones with extended built in flares. But then the question is, what do you do when you hit them on something? Fiberglass probably wouldn't hold up as well as the composites in the bushwackers.

JD

well, if you already have the molds, then you just make another. or sell another to someone who broke theirs. or make the out of plastic.

Erik :beerhead:

ahh, i get it now. That probably wouldn't be too hard at all. I think that having some little rectangular driving/fog lights or running lights in it like the moon roof would be a cool way to get some extra lighting

solar1.jpg

lunar1.jpg

moon1.jpg

silveradomoonvisorb_tn.jpg

Like this Jeepco?