Unusual JY find.

mfpdm

Was out at the JY yesterday and couldn't find jack for the MJ, so I browsed around the full size truck/suv section and came across some really nice utility trucks/vans. It started raining so I jumped up into a walkin utility truck and found this,

I removed it while it was raining and brought it home. I figured if it didn't work, I could use the tank for an OBA system someday. Wired it up and turned it on. It works. :brows:

I really don't have a need for a compressor dryer, and the pump is rated to low for heavy air tools. Should run an impact wrench at least. The dry air would be good for spray painting I guess. But I have two compressors already and could better use the cash for this than the unit.

So, what would be a good price to ask for this? Looked around and found a used 4cyl version for $725. The one I have is called a Nitrogen Bottle Replacement Module (NBRM) and is used in the telecommunication field from what I've read. Not looking to get rich but would like to get my money plus some back on it. Has anyone ever worked with one of these? Could use some technical help on it's operation.

:cheers:

I've used these types of pumps for years. Their purpose is to pressurize waveguide (the transmission lines for a microwave system from the tower dish to the transmit/receiving equipment on the ground) or underground telephone outside plant cable with a moisture free gas, usually nitrogen, to prevent water entry/corrosion and the resulting transmission loss. Most of the microwave systems have been replaced by fiberoptic cable, and the pressurized outside plant cable is now mostly gel filled, but these systems are still around, especially the microwave systems in mountainous areas and 3rd world countries. This is a real small mobile unit, while the ones I worked on were permanently installed at the site.

Put it up on Ebay, it'll sell. No idea for how much though.......Start it out for what you paid and put a reserve on it.

Put it up on Ebay, it'll sell. No idea for how much though.......Start it out for what you paid and put a reserve on it.

Was going to try the Craigslist thing first. I'd hate to have to ship this thing. It's about 130lbs. And I don't like sharing my profits with ebay and paypal. :D

And shipping on Greyhound wouldn't be too bad either.

I always forget about them. They are pretty cheap and almost overnight to a lot of locations. I thought though they had a 70lb maximum. I'll have to check again.

Nice find, how much did it set you back?

It was $100. Little more than I wanted to pay, but I'm hoping to double my money at the very least. If not, I have the option to return it for instore credit within 30 days.