Know anything about this MJ?

Mobius1

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=253450118&dealer_id=73535&car_year=1991&model=COMANC&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=used&distance=200&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&make=JEEP&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=1&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=48327&advanced=&end_year=2009&doors=&transmission=&max_price=2000&cardist=166

Any of you live near or have seen this MJ? I was thinking about having my cousin go look at it and if he determined that it was good enough to make the drive back to Detroit then have him buy it for me so I have something to drive when I come back to the states. Seems better than the one I owned but then again you can't tell much from a picture. Big thing I noticed was that it had no rear bumper but if everything was up to par then it would make a nice trail rig for me after a while and some mods.

If you look closely, the rear of the rockers and the bottom of the bed sides are rusted out, there is front end damage (passenger side of hood is up while driver side is closed, side marker light is missing. I wonder how much rot through is hiding underneath the paint.

I think you could find a better one for the same money through a private sale instead of buying from a car lot.

Well when I had it before I went over seas I paid 500 for my 88 4 banger auto and dumped another 500 into it and it never ran right. I know the side marker needs to be replaced and that front driver side fender is a bit dented but the hood is fine. Thats a car in the background that makes it look like it sticks up. Wish it was closer so my cousin could go down a look at the floor boards so that hopefully it isn't like my old one where you could flintstone it if you ran out of gas.

I love the input so far from all of you and if I did decide to go through with it can you think of anything else I should think about or bring up to them to get it for cheaper. Right now i'm thinking 650 cash in hand and they'll probably take it.

My old one it had no rear brakes holes all over and so on and so forth. Had to throw it in neutral to stop in the winter or on wet roads.

l_bf342529d9d69a77ff37b5c7a53882b0.jpg

l_b02faec2abecde0e436a1c9c5421a82f.jpg

When exactly are you coming home?

I would not buy that MJ...it's really not that clean, and the front end damage on it already tells me that it needs some inner fender work as well. it will not just be sheetmetal damage. the hood may close hard, or may not open at all, and the front edge of the frame could be bent to $#!&.

better deals are out there

I paid $1500 for my 89, 4cyl, 4spd, 2wd. But, it has a great looking interior(seats and dash, floor is rubber), and the paint and exterior is in great shape as well. It ran well atnd is pretty good to go. The only thing I have had to change is a starter and a U-joint. It will need tires soon, but I have had it for a few months.

price is relative. The dealer is not going to sell it for less than he thinks he can get at auction or a scrap yard. You can probably do better for that price, I would have walked past it if I saw one like it in my area when I was looking. Keep looking, I looked for several months before I settled on mine

Yeah all of you are correct I just didn't wanna listen. I'm sure i'll find one eventually and i'll look harder when i'm home for good. Right now i'll just be back in june/july for vacation. I still have 2 more years on my tour here in Italy.