Key Lock Cylinder

I have an 88 jeep comanche fully stock so far.... just was wondering if anyone has ever replaced the key lock cylinder.... if you have please let me know how or where i can find info on how to do it. My hanyes book doesnt really go into detail about it.... Thanks!

Team Cherokees site. $25 for a set of door locks. Here's the link, about half way down the page.

http://www.teamcherokee.com/Locks_and_Keys/index.html

:cheers:

That is the way to go. I can still get the door cylinders, but they come empty and need to be assembled to match the original key. I built one the other day for a guy with an '88 MJ, but he had to bring me his old cylinder to tear apart because I did not have the old style tumblers that are in them any more.

That is the way to go. I can still get the door cylinders, but they come empty and need to be assembled to match the original key. I built one the other day for a guy with an '88 MJ, but he had to bring me his old cylinder to tear apart because I did not have the old style tumblers that are in them any more.

I'm waiting on a response to an email about them. The picture has keys but the write up doesn't mention them. Plus the door keys should be oval right?

Anyhow, I love that site. I do this regularly for fun, just go through each category and add to the cart the things you would like. I have ended up close to $1k a couple of times. :brows:

:cheers:

Ignition i guess i should have been clearer... mine is acting up after i start it up i have to then bump it forward to get my radio and blower to work... but to make the front paking light and work i have to wiggle key aroound and then my radio and blower stop working... i know confusing

Ignition i guess i should have been clearer... mine is acting up after i start it up i have to then bump it forward to get my radio and blower to work... but to make the front paking light and work i have to wiggle key aroound and then my radio and blower stop working... i know confusing
That sounds more like a problem in the wiring on the ignition switch or the possibly the switch itself. The switch is down lower on the column...get down there and take a good look at the wires/connections.

i just replaced these on my manche... i had no keys for the doors, and they were messed up anyway. so i toot he cylanders out and took them to the jeep dealer near me, and me and the service clerk there spent like 2 hours taking the cylinder apart and matching the teeth with the new key.. all in all i payed 20 for the new keys and a spare key for my ignition and thats it. it was cool because the key we made worked in the glovebox :)