Toasted Radio?

Story goes that over the weekend I had a buddy do some TIG welding on my front end of the Jeep. I figured I would play it safe and disconnect the battery. While I was under the hood, I had the aftermarket CD player turned on in the truck cause we didnt have a stand alone radio in the garage. I didnt think that just disconnecting the neg. terminal on the battery would do anything to the turned on radio, after all it would act like a switch would and just shut it off, right?

Well, I pulled the cable and we got the welding done, came out good too. Then I go to hook the battery back up to take off and head home and no radio. It kinda turns on, where the backlight for the screen lights up and then it dies.

Any thoughts on what has happened? Is it toasted?

I haven't done anything to try and fix the problem, for all I know there is a loose connection somewhere, weird for it to happen at this moment though and not in the last 3 years since its been installed. I have a Pioneer DEH-16 receiver.

- Brent

if it was inside the truck while you were welding or within a few feet of the welder it is more than likely junk now sorry to tell you that but its because of the tig emits high freency waves that will destroy just about any thing that uses some kind of magnetics in it

hope this makes sense