lift questions

extended brake lines. If ur only going 2" in the rear you probably don't need to change your pinion angle. I went 2 in the front and rear and haven't had any problems. If you go 3 in the rear, i have heard you need to change the pinion angle. Other than that, you should be OK as far as I can think. Ur control arms will be fine, u may need a track bar extention for the front, but I'm not sure.

Some adjustable lower control arms would be adviseable, but probably not needed. You won't sure on that until you try to get it aligned.

An adjustable track bar is going to be needed. Don't try the relocation thing...I have seen that cause more trouble than anyting in almost every case.

well I'm not sure if you can get a adj. track bar for a 2wd.

Track bars are not specific to 4WD. Any bar that fits a 4WD will also fit a 2WD. The issue will be to ensure that the one you buy allows for correct adjustment for lifts as low as 3". Some of them won't go short enough for that amount of lift.

well I'm not sure if you can get a adj. track bar for a 2wd.
It's the same as the 4WD so it shouldn't be a problem. Everything is the same on the two except for the axle as far as I know, but I have never dealt with a 2WD so I must leave a small amount of room for error in my statement ;)

My buddy's Cherokee had 3" lift springs in the front and 2" blocks in the rear, and it was squatting pretty good. But then again, I think the springs might have been sagging, 'cause after taking out the blocks, the 5.5" lift springs should have brought the back up 3.5" And it looks more like it went up the full 5.5".

what exactly do i NEED! to drive this thing safely?

In addition to the things mentioned here already you'll probably need longer swaybar end links. The stock one's won't be long enough at that height. If you try to use the factory one's you'll probably end up binding them pretty bad, and it actually may cause you less lift than you were hoping for.

We recommend having the swaybar connect if your driving your Jeep on the road. So don't ditch it, and don't run it with the end links disconnected. Get yourself a set of longer links (or even a set of disco's if $$ allows).

Best of luck! :cheers: