4.0 Lifter Tap + Chugging Exhaust

Ive been asking and reading on other forums about lifter tap but nobody gives me a clearcut answer.

I have had an intermittent lifter tap from what sounds like cyl 1 or 2, for about a year now. As of late, when the tapping is happening, I get a chugging sound from my exhaust. It sounds like I'm missing a cylinder, but its not as apparent as a missing cylinder...but there is a definate chug from the exhaust, even more so when i give it throttle.

My Q is, since nobody with lifter tap has mentioned the chugging exhaust, do I even have lifter tap? Or is this like a stuck valve problem?

BTW I have been using detergents in my oil for the past year trying to rid this sound... trans fluid, seafoam (in oil) Marvel Mystery Oil. I currently have 4 quarts of Castrol 10-30, 1 qt of type F DEX, 1 qt of MMO, and two whole cans of seafoam.

I also have a brand new exhaust manifold

Any insight would be great.

Ok Now If this were happining to me

I would put lucas oil stabilizer in my oil 5quarts oil to one quart lucas, and I would put one fuel injector cleaner in the gas tank.....also how new are your plugs, wires, cap and rotor?????? Good luck :cheers:

P.S. If you pull the valve cove you should get a fel-pro gasket they are friggin sweet and reuseable....... jamminz.gif