Long Bed Topper size

If you're looking for a "close enough" fit, the 80's box-style S-10 are probably your best bet - both the long & short bed seem to be the closest to the MJ. Just be sure to measure. I have an '86 long bed, and the shell on mine came from an '85 long bed S-10.

It's not a perfect fit. It's the right width - but the roofline's about 4" higher than the cab and it's just a couple inches too short. But it works for me because it has full panel doors on the back, and I don't have a tailgate. Plus I couldn't beat the price (free)

If you want an exact fit, check out your local canopy store. The basic aluminum shells are kits, and the shop has to custom cut & fit them to your vehicle anyways. So if you get one of those, everything should line up. Before I found my used one, I checked out a couple places, and was quoted around $400 for a new, custom fit aluminum one.

If you're looking for a "close enough" fit, the 80's box-style S-10 are probably your best bet - both the long & short bed seem to be the closest to the MJ. Just be sure to measure. I have an '86 long bed, and the shell on mine came from an '85 long bed S-10.

It's not a perfect fit. It's the right width - but the roofline's about 4" higher than the cab and it's just a couple inches too short. But it works for me because it has full panel doors on the back, and I don't have a tailgate. Plus I couldn't beat the price (free)

If you want an exact fit, check out your local canopy store. The basic aluminum shells are kits, and the shop has to custom cut & fit them to your vehicle anyways. So if you get one of those, everything should line up. Before I found my used one, I checked out a couple places, and was quoted around $400 for a new, custom fit aluminum one.

Crap, really not wanting to get an Aluminum shell.

Guess I gotta keep browsing craigslist.

• 3 weeks later...

ok, here's a little more info: sliding window to cab, flip up windows on side, really sexy decal on back. and here's some pics

I bought the whole jeep for $500 and my wife would love to get that topper out of the back yard, so I would be really easy on price