Will this make my butt look big?

unfortunately I don't have a pic that really shows the side profile of my truck, I will have to get one and post it up but anyway. currently my truck is kinda sagging in the back, it has what looks like an add a leaf and some drop shackles in it right now and I think the leaves are a little flat.

Right now I have a D44 I plan to put in that will be sprung over, I will most likely be cleaning up a leaf pack from my parts truck and adding another top leaf under the top leaf of the new one like Pete mentioned to do. I will probably take the drop shackles out of the equation. will this make my rear end way too tall for the front end?

As of right now I have no idea how much lift is in the truck as I bought it with the lift already in it.

I know this is kinda hard to say without pics and info on what lift is in it, but if anyone has any idea if it will or will not that would be cool. I'm just wondering if when I get the rear all done if I will then have to redo the front but bigger (which would be cool but its also not planned in the budget.)

Jonathan

SOA in the rear will net you a min. of 5.5". Most see right at 6.5" of lift with a SOA on the MJ's using the factory shackle.

It will be based on what leafs your using (4wd, 2wd, or metric ton). It will also be based on what leaf perches you use. Some perches sit higher than others so you'll get more lift simply due to that fact.

The majority of people who go SOA will run a 6.5" coil in the front to make it look "level". If your to high in the back you can use a factory XJ shackle and it will lower the rear about .5-.75".

cool, thanks for the quick reply.

The leaf packs I'm going to use are 4wd packs.

because of the amount of lift you said a spring over should get me I will probably not use shackles if thats possible. I will most likely not put in the Cherokee shackles because there is no sense in going back down, only up from here :brows:

Guess I will just have to go for it and see how it turns out and the go up from there.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Your going to want to use a shackle of some sorts. I'm not even sure if you could get the main leaf to fit in there and bolt down correctly.

The shackle will smoothen out the ride quality, not running it would make it ride terrible. That is why I suggested the XJ shackle as you will gain very minimal lift by using it, but it will still allow the leaf pack to move (and flex); helping both on and offroad ride.

Nothing wrong with using flat leafs for the SOA (as long as they aren't falling apart due to rust). The original leafs I went with pretty much shot (actually, they were very shot), but with the addition of the MJ main AAL, they've held up fine and have given me several years of problem-free wheeling. I'm only replacing them due to rampant rust that is weakening them (don't really want to experience a break on the trail far from home). The replacements are 2wd MJ leafs with an Explorer main as the AAL. I can tell that I've got a couple inches of lift over the old set, but the truck isn't at full ride weight so I'm ignoring it for now.