Driveshaft measurement.

Being that the NP242 never came in a MJ your probably not going to get many answers. Driveshaft length will also vary greatly on the amount of lift your running and if that lift is achieved via SOA or SUA.

It's recommended to lift your Jeep (if you are), get everything in, than measure what you need. I can almost guarantee you that having a driveshaft made prior to doing all this will just cause you a headache and more money down the road. Just wait and do it after you've got it all buttoned up.

Just our penny and a half worth...

I second motion's response. It would be a costly mistake to have a driveshaft made before the work is all done and find out later that it is the wrong size.

It may end up being the same size, but it's always better to be safe than sorry. Besides any competent driveline shop can produce a shaft for you within a day or two.

I second motion's response. It would be a costly mistake to have a driveshaft made before the work is all done and find out later that it is the wrong size.

It may end up being the same size, but it's always better to be safe than sorry. Besides any competent driveline shop can produce a shaft for you within a day or two.

agreed.

and hell, I spoke with my driveshaft shop in the morning one day, came back with an xj front driveshaft and a 77 ford slip rear shaft, and he combined them and retubed to a larger diameter and thicker wall...all for $200, and pickup on the same day (4.5 hours after I dropped it off).

any good shop can get you that turnover, just don't expect it on a weekend, or right at the end of the week...get the lift done by sunday, get the shaft made monday, drive it on tuesday. shops have work scheduled and it racks up towards the end of the week...