dana 30 axles

What size tires will you be running? Also what type of driving/wheeling do you do?

The D30 with the larger 297x jointed shafts will hold upto 35's with no major mods to the axle.

If you want to run 37's it's recommended to run alloy shafts.

We run 35's on the D30's with no issues to date yet, and these are on our wheeling rigs.

If you want to swap something different in, look into a Dana 44 out of a Grand Waggy. Requires a bit of work to get it in however...

thanks for the info i do not intend on going over 35's on my truck. when wheeling i get in to some places that are a little tricky but not to bad my buddy said i should up grade to better axles but he always does extreme wheeling. i am trying to keep this build low buck but not cheap just want to have a good wheeling truck with out breaking the bank is that possible. if i listen to my buddy i will have tons of money in my rig and can't drive it on the steet.

x2 on the 297 shafts. A lot of XJs and all TJs have them. Look for ABS in the non-CAD XJ axles and then all of them past like 94 I think. They can be swapped into your current axle, or into a junkyard one if you're looking to get some better gears.

I over build my junk, BUT I reccomend alloy shafts if you wheel and drive your rig from the trail. I personally have broken alloy shafts on 35's :eek: :nuts: Its no fun to change a shaft on a trail when your junk is off chamber and you can't go forward or backward :brows: