AAL are to long

The metric ton springs came in two flavors. They are both 5 leaf, but the leaf configuration was different. P/n 52001825 has 4 thinner leafs and one flat bottom leaf. P/n 52003676 spring has 3 thinner leafs and 2 heavy bottom leafs. These are the springs I have on my truck. Both of these springs have the same rate of # per inch but because the 3676 has just a little more arch they give a 1500# capacity, and also added 2-1/2"-3" of lift.

So I should not have lifted the back with an aal then is what your saying? What my question is ..... Does it matter if I put the aal in because I have It I figure that I might as well put it in right??? :???:

Normally an AAL is installed because the original springs are sagged out, or one is looking for a cheap lift. It's a temporary solution at best, because the ride usually suffers, and eventually the AAL sags out. In your case, you already have factory AAL springs, the metric ton springs. I'm not saying you can't or shouldn't put an AAL in these, I just don't understand why it's necessary, unless, of course, you want them to stiffen up to haul rocks and/or you are trying to get a bit of lift. I think they will be real harsh riding though............ :eek: OUCH! :eek:

well the 2 overload springs don't really bend at all but the three that are above them do by themselves and they are not stiff at all with the long aal hitting the clamps it makes it pretty stiff but with the shorter ones I thing it will stiffen it up to a good stiffness. I will be putting up to two elk in the back of it at a time or other objects plus I was just trying to lift the rear a little but with the aal hitting the clamps it lifts it more than three inches ....