Comanche won't run after 91+ upgrade

Is the camshaft profile different between '87-'90 & '91-'93? How about the crank? Will the '88 block, crank, & cam work with the '93 harness, distributor, & sensors?

'90-'93 Cam Part #: 83507203

'87-'90 Cam Part #: 83500249

'90-'93 Crank Part #: 4713051

'87-'90 Crank Part #: 83504658

If that were the cause of the no start, wouldn't it blow out black smoke, backfire, whatever? It doesn't even act as if it wants to start, just sounds like the starter cranking and the engine doing nothing.

When I first checked for spark it sparked normal through the gap. Last time I checked it was sparking other places due to the plug being covered in fuel & other deposits, which must have accumulated during all my attempts to unsuccessfully start. If I clean off each plug, it then sparks normally in the gap again.

New '93 2.5L flywheel is on and it still won't start. With the old flywheel it sounded like it was close but like the timing was off. Now it doesn't even sound like it's close to starting, it just cranks & cranks. I'll have to re-check all the connections again another night. Anybody have any other ideas? Feel free to ask questions.

Thanks

...do you have the transmission in or at least the bellhousing bolted up with the CPS installed and hooked up?

remember, the CPS reads only when it's hooked up :brows: