Front Axle dif 84/85 - 89?

i found a new set of Brake disc fitting only? 84/85 modells

My Q:

are there differences between the 2 wd 84/85 Jeep Cherokee 2WD Bj. 84-85 T5108 and the 89 Modells?

or will these discs fit my 89 Axle to?

The descripzion of the sellers says Jeep Cherokee 2WD Bj. 84-85 T5108

My MJ 89 with original 2 wd front Axle

2WD's rotors house the inner/outer axle bearings, and mount on the 2WD spindle. 4WD ones don't....they just slip on the unit bearing, thru the wheel studs. Ya can't use 2WD rotors on a 4WD :(

Jeff

Hmmm. I'm hardly an expert on this but I don't ever remember hearing of a difference between 84 and 89. Jim seems to know stuff like this, hopefully he'll see this. How much of a smoking deal are you getting? If it's cheap enough, it might be something I would consider buying and if it doesn't work out, re-sell them.

Jeep on!

--Pete

usually 1 disc is like 80/120 € over here, if you will find them at all

and i did find them for 45 € a piece,

fact is the seller is getting rid of all the " old junk " thats why hes making such a good price

i think i´ll buy them an if they don´t fit sell them at ebay :-))

Whoops, sorry Barny...I misread your question :oops:

As far as I know, the 2WD beam axle is the same. I've got one sitting in the garage leftover from my conversion, and there's a '99 XJ down @ the junkyard that's 2WD. If you want, I can eyeball both of them and let you know if they are the same (?)

Jeff

Barny,

I checked both my '87 and that '99 2WD axle in the junkyard yesterday. The spindles are the same, as far as I can tell. Also, Advance Auto lists the same part # for the 2WD front rotor for all model years. I'm pretty sure there's no difference between years, XJ or MJ.

HTH,

Jeff