thinking about getting an air nibbler, suggestions?

lostissues

I'm thinking about getting an air nibbler so I can do some nice trimming whenever I need to. I figure it will be a little neater then the angle grinder cuts I have been making and I can also use it at my work when I'm done with the trimming. so has anyone used these tools? do they work well? pros, cons? Places to buy from (online or local to southern New Hampshire)? brands? so far i have seen Campbell Hausfeld, Jet, Sunex, I also know that there are others like craftsman, Ingersoll Rand and many others but the first 3 are all under $100 (kinda my budget but if it really comes down to "buy THIS one" then I may be will in to spend a little more.)

Thanks for your help,

Jonathan

Like any other tool......an air nibbler has it's pro's and con's.

I like it for small cuts, and curves, easy to cut in any direction, that's why it's a little harder to keep a straight cut with the nibbler. great for small pocket cuts, where you can drill a hole, and start from there. It's a little slower cutting than a share, but a lot cleaner cut than a zip wheel.

I don't think I paid over $50 for mine, but for the few times that I needed it, and used it........worth it on my end ;)

Plus, I bought one that will cut 16 ga cause that's mostly what I'm cutting. I don't think I've ever bogged it down while cutting.

You do get a lot of little half moons flying all over the place thought :roll:

ohh, I like half moons, I can use those for my crafts... umm never mind. :oops:

the first thing I'm looking to do with it is to help trim fenders, in my case I don't need a straight clean cut so this sounds like it will work for my. after I use it for that it will be used to enlarge holes in rear trunk decks or door skins so again it seams like it will do what I need it to do.

thank you for the input.

also, what brand did you pick up?

also if anyone has anything else to say I would be very thankful.

Jonathan

also, what brand did you pick up?

I have no idea right now......bought it a few years ago, and can't remember :nuts: Maybe Campbell-Hausfeld??

Yea, like I said, for small pocket cuts......it's the best for a nice clean cut.

And if you can find a use for them tinny half moons......more power to ya :brows:

I bought the Harbor Freight el cheapo, Central Pneumatic, an extra mandrel and tube of blades for under $60. Works OK for curves and tight stuff, if you do long straight cuts then you need metal shears, I got those too. Stuff is about 5 years old and still working fine. I keep lotsa oil in them, don't cut beyond their abilities, have a fair amount of skill and technique. The tools don't work for you, you have to work the tools.