Death Wobble Poll - Part 2

What is the SECOND most probable cause of death wobble?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What is the SECOND most probable cause of death wobble?

• Tire balance
    • Worn/loose track bar
    • Worn tie rod ends
    • Worn ball joints
    • Improper caster angle
    • Worn control arm bushings
    • Incorrect toe-in
    • Other

After yet another exchange on the topic of "What causes death wobble?", I thought it might be interesting to get some feedback as to exactly what our members think is/are the cause(s) of death wobble. I'm especially interested to see if there is any consensus, or if opinions are all over the map. Hence, a poll.

I don't see a way to do a 3-tiered poll, so this is Part 2 of three different polls. Please vote for what you think is the second most important factor contributing to or causing death wobble. Two parallel polls will ask for your first and third choices -- please be sure to vote in all three. At the end, I'll score the results. Each first-place vote will be worth 3 points, each second-place vote will be worth two points, and each third-place vote will be worth one point.

The poll will stay open for one week.

Pete,, what about the front brake disks,,

I had a bad wobble problem in my YJ,,,

I never did figure it out.

One day the original front disk busted loose, at about 255,000 miles,( there was a recall that I never bothered with).

well I replaced both the fronts disks, and the wobble was gone, BYE BYE,,

I do believe this could be the cause for ALOT of people.

My YJ is a 91, 1991 and earlier jeeps could have had a front disk that was made of a composite metal, where the center "HUB" part was a different metal then the disk part, this could cause the front disks to warp and or rust, creating a steering "pull" when stopping,,,

I never even thought twice that this would have caused a death wobble,, but when I replaced the disks, the problem went away,,

I dunno :dunno: maybe these MJ's are suffering the same issue and nobody realizes it,,,