I think I might have screwed up a little. Wrong seats?

vzehler

I sent my pops out on the hunt for a set of pre-97 bucket seats out of a 2 dr and sure enough he came home with a pretty nice set.

Now that I'm getting into working on them they have a different style set of brackets that Ive not seen before. They came out of a 96 2dr and normally from what Ive seen the mounting holes in the front are connected as well as the back. On the ones he got, the front and back mounting holes are connected on the rail itself.

Can anyone offer any insight as to whether or not these will work for me? I'm sure I can figure something out, but, its probably not going to be as easy...

I sent my pops out on the hunt for a set of pre-97 bucket seats out of a 2 dr and sure enough he came home with a pretty nice set.

Now that I'm getting into working on them they have a different style set of brackets that Ive not seen before. They came out of a 96 2dr and normally from what Ive seen the mounting holes in the front are connected as well as the back. On the ones he got, the front and back mounting holes are connected on the rail itself.

Can anyone offer any insight as to whether or not these will work for me? I'm sure I can figure something out, but, its probably not going to be as easy...

In 1996 the XJ seat brackets/style changed, and will not "bolt-in" w/o mods. 1995 and below will.

In 1996 the XJ seat brackets/style changed, and will not "bolt-in" w/o mods. 1995 and below will.

1995 is when they changed the seat design. I'll check my '95 seats and see how they fit.

1995 is when they changed the seat design. I'll check my '95 seats and see how they fit.

Thanks for the correction TNT. You're right, 1994 was the last year for our style seats. Just checked again. :oops:

The base is totally different. From what I can tell the best way would be to cut the early bases and the '95 bases then position them how so they sit amout 2' lower the the 95's height. You can also move them back a few inches for extra leg room. Then weld them down and enjoy.

Dang it...

I found a set of 98 2-dr XJ buckets really cheap. I also got a set of MJ bucket brackets coming cheap as well. I guess the welder will need broken out?

There has to be a simpler solution. I'm all over this. I'll post pics and a writeup once I have it done, unless there is one out there I missed?

Dang it...

I found a set of 98 2-dr XJ buckets really cheap. I also got a set of MJ bucket brackets coming cheap as well. I guess the welder will need broken out?

There has to be a simpler solution. I'm all over this. I'll post pics and a writeup once I have it done, unless there is one out there I missed?

I'm doing it the hard way. I'm going to build frame work that welds to the floor and ties into the rollcage I'm also building. My seats won't adjust, they will bolt directly to the frame work and it will use a 4 point harnesses.