Asking price for an 86 mj 4x4

Scott86mj

I'm having to sell my 86 comanche. I bought an 2003 tj so the wife says its got to go. I'm wanting to know what to ask for it. It has an 1994 4.0l aw4 and 231j. It has a dana 44 rear with disc brakes. 5.5" rubicon express lift with 4.56 gears. I repaired the floor boards and replaced the carpet. Body is in good shape except dent in rear of bed that I banged out with a hammer. It has 33s with like new black soft 8 wheels. It has 154000 miles on engine. I will post some picks of it soon.

A truck like that is worth only as much as the buyer is willing to pay. Where one fella might understand what you have into it and be more than willing to pay 3k, another might not give a crap and use the amateur paint job, age and wear as an excuse to say it's only worth 1500 to 2000. Also, alot of people see big tires and lift and automatically assume that it's been beat. Unfortunately, there are more hagglers and tire kickers than people who appreciate quality parts.

Even though you have a small fortune in the things you've done, your truck really only appeals to a small, specific group of people. That is, a person who wants a toy to go offroading with or maybe a truck to keep around the farm, etc. Especially with gas the way it is, your average buyer would not be interested in it as a work truck or daily driver.

I personally have modified several cars and trucks with loads of aftermarket parts and never once have even came close to recouping my "investment". So be prepared to take a hit, as much as you may not want to. If you were up to the work, you would probably make more money by selling the aftermarket stuff separately from the truck and going back to stock as much as possible.

I think it's a helluva truck for someone that really wants a tough, capable Comanche. That being said, I would list it as is for $3000.00 and see if you get any bites. If not, sell the tires and lift out from under it, ask $2000.00 and go from there.

ya what he said
He said a hellofalot just to tell someone something that they should already know ;) :laughin:

$2500 - $3000 will likely be high end right now...especially since you are in the South East. The guys up North & West seem to get higher prices.

ya what he said
He said a hellofalot just to tell someone something that they should already know ;) :laughin:

$2500 - $3000 will likely be high end right now...especially since you are in the South East. The guys up North & West seem to get higher prices.

What can I say? I'm detail oriented. :dunno: