washington to florida

tkgibbs27

it was a pretty cool trip. we didn't end up leaving until about three in the morning and stopped in pendleton for some sleep ate breakfast and stopped in wyoming somewhere. next stop was missouri and we reached the house at about two in the morning starting on the fifth day.

snow was coming down pretty hard as we started over the mountains outside of pendleton. from pilot rock to mid nebraska it was windy and cold. iowa was pretty much under water. and the rest of the way way pretty nice. and florida is pretty nice, there's some crazy thunderstorms down here though, it's pretty cool.

i got a ton of pictures here my photobucket link if you guys want to check 'em out.

we also went on a small charter, caught some sea trout, blow fish, a ton of snappers, groupers and a few other species of fish. they weren't huge fish but it was fun, we were out there four hours and had a fish on about every minute, we had four polls out. we didn't get many pictures of the fish, we were too busy bringin 'em in and gettin back out to catch more. here's a few pictures from that.

i am down in cape coral. it started getting dark so i stopped taking pictures. i road down in the moving vehicle so i don't have any transportation while i am here. my flight leaves at one pm on the 30th. but next time i come down i am going to look for a vehicle, probably a cj or a xj and store it at my dads so when i come down to visit and put in some vacation time i'll be able to travel around and check stuff out. and the next time i come down we are heading over to the east coast to do some marlin fishing. so when i am down the next time i'll take you up on your offer for wheelin and a brew.

8) Cool...

Gotta love the storms this time of year too. Every day in the mid to late afternoon [typically] they come rolling through. I drove through one on the way home from work two nights ago that I later foound out had 240 lightning strikes in a 2 mile radius in just 20 minutes. I saw a cell phone tower only 300 feet away from me get hit 3 times while I was sitting at a traffic light.

last time i had seen storms like this was in new mexico during the summer. but they get hail the size of golf balls when it storms there. washingtons storms are pretty weak compared to these, especially how loud the thunder can get. i have been going outside when they come in to watch 'em. that would have been pretty cool to see. i was this light bolt strike three times in the same place the other day, it was probably about five miles away. it seemed to not even change it's shape either.

I did a little research on that statement I made because I did not feel right about it being just something I heard. It is NOT true. We are the lightning capitol of the US, but not the worls and the average varies from different sites I found, but it's in the 50-60 strikes per square mile range.

Sorry to pollute your thread with lightning trivia... :oops:

either way, that it still a lot compared to the boondocks where i live. fine with me, might as well learn something about this state other than they grow oranges down here. and panama city is the place to be during spring break. i'll be there next year.

i feel bad that i did. i saw some other prices which were up in the $500s and i thought that was high until i saw that price, almost made me want to cry for everyone who drives semis and they own their truck.