tailights not coming on when the headlights are on

All of the other lights work, turn, hazard, brakes, reverse but the tail lights and license plate lights do not work when I turn on the headlights. Which of the 3 lights in the corner lens are supposed to turn on? (top, middle or bottom) I think I will start with the bulbs and go from there.

I also took the bed off to fix the frame and I only put one ground screw back when I replaced the bed on the weekend (behind the driver side lens cover on the bed) could I have missed another ground somewhere?

You can check on the DIY section for the electrical manual, to help you. :smart:

If I my memory is right, the ground behind the driver taillight are used for lights and the fuel pump.

You could check the connector for corrosion. :dunno:

The blue wire is for the night light & the plate light.

• 2 weeks later...

there is no power coming to the blue wire at all, I even tested it up where it comes out of the cab, before I go tearing out my entire cab to trace the wire back can anyone tell me where it connects to the main headlight wire, everything else works just fine back there

I suppose I could always just rig it directly to the headlight switch, but I would still need to know whereabouts I can find where the wire to the rear lights starts