Center Console block off plate

6c8bd08a0275d94bb63b25d5c4429c1f.jpge71882299f3bbc67ec2355acaeabd96a.jpgf3c0e94170651a1870aadc4a31d0b60e.jpg

Brother, bought this service jeep from uncle who is fire chief in town. Uncle says it was ordered with center console option and column shift. The back side has the same tabs as on the back of regular shift plate, but it is made of metal. Same plate I have for mine pulled from JY unfortunately same holes in mine, uncle says his came from a ram mount (CB,laptop,radio)

Now if Chrysler didn't offer this part (block off plate)who did? As stated before extremely precise to be homemade plus the fact that I have the exact one from a totally unrelated service jeep with same options pulled from JY.

For when parked runs idle up to 1200 so wouldn't over heat.

That's pretty cool.

I googled it real quick, Looks like you can add in that switch to pretty much any XJ, Just have to jumper into the ECU.

I may end up doing that, Since i convereted my AC into a air compressor, The extra RPM @ idle would be great for extra air flow.

That's pretty cool.

I googled it real quick, Looks like you can add in that switch to pretty much any XJ, Just have to jumper into the ECU.

I may end up doing that, Since i convereted my AC into a air compressor, The extra RPM @ idle would be great for extra air flow.

Yea, unfortunately only 92 to 96 tried on 91 pin outs aren't there

Now if Chrysler didn't offer this part (block off plate)who did? As stated before extremely precise to be homemade plus the fact that I have the exact one from a totally unrelated service jeep with same options pulled from JY.

Good question. It for sure isn't in the parts manuals throughout the XJ/MJ years.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35197&highlight=extended+idle

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=77285

The extended idle switch is used to raise engine idle speed to approximately 1000 rpm when the auto shifter is in either Park or Neutral position. A rocker-type switch (extended idle switch) is mounted to instrument panel. This switch is available only with 4.0L engine when supplied with optional police package.

The extended idle switch will control a ground circuit going to the powertrain control module (PCM) When a ground signal (through the switch) has been received at pin/cavity A-12 (circuit K78) of the PCM, engine idle speed will increase.

For 1984-1992 I6 XJs and all I4 XJs:

Not an option in computer pin-out.

For 1993-1995 I6 XJs:

PCM Pin # 10, Purple, [60-pin connector] (Switch On: 1V, Off:12V)

For 1996 I6 XJs:

PCM Pin # 12, dark blue/orange, [black "A" 32-pin connector] (Switch On: 1V, Off:12V)

For 1997-2000 I6 XJs:

PCM Pin # 12, gray, [black "A" 32-pin connector] (Switch On: 1V, Off:12V)

I've looked into this a bit in the past. To elaborate for the 91-92 ECUs, there is no pin 10 appearance on the 60-pin ECU connector on these models. Applying a ground signal to this pin from the "Extended Idle" dash switch is what will cause the increased idle. Since there is no pin 10 on the ECU, you will have to modify the motherboard in the ECU to extend pin 10 either to the existing 60-pin connector, or run a wire out externally so you can connect the ground signal applied by the extended idle dash switch. Was not worth the effort for me. 

That's pretty cool.

Yea, unfortunately only 92 to 96 tried on 91 pin outs aren't there

Awesome! I have the motor/Wiring/Dash out of a 95 :)