2.5 Stumbles under load

So a little bit of an update, i cleaned the c101, refreshed the grounds, and replaced the map sensor. Test drive went well, but i also went less than a mile, getting a lot of vibration from the driveshaft, think i installed it 180 out when i put the tranny back in.

When you get the chance, remove that C101.  Well worth doing.

Yea i plan on it, right now i just want it to run right. Got the driveshaft flipped around, drove it and it still drives like crap, so idk, Still gotta look at the cts, cps, and iat. Although i don't think it has anything to do with those sensors. I'm more in line with either distributor or ecm.

• 1 month later...

Have you had any luck? Mine is back to running like crap again.  I have tried everything I can think of.  Done all of Cruiser's tips except distributer indexing( not sure I completely understand it).  I will let you know if I figure mine out.

• 2 weeks later...

Update. After many days of effort, I pulled off the distibutor cap and sprayed it down with WD40. After a few minutes of idling it has stopped the stumbling under load. The cap and rotor look brand new and there are no cracks in it. Going to see how it goes for a few days and see what happens.

Another update.  It ran great for about 2 days and the miss has slowly grown worse.  It is now so bad again it really can't be driven.  I have sprayed WD40 in the distributer again and this time it didn't change the way it runs.  I have sprayed down my vacuum lines with throttle body cleaner and I don't think I have any leaks.  I am not sure the EGR is working right.  I can't ever feel it move when revving the throttle, maybe engine has to under sustained load to open.  It has been extremely wet this year and now extremely hot and humid.  I can't figure it out.  Going to replace coolant temp sensor and attempt to remove Air intake temp sensor (pretty sure this one will just break off). Maybe try to do EGR delete?  Getting tired of throwing money at it, but at a loss for what else to try.

Replaced the following already

Fuel pump

fuel filter

CPS

O2 sensor

Plugs and wires

• 7 years later...
On 8/3/2015 at 4:53 PM, Katzer said:

Another update.  It ran great for about 2 days and the miss has slowly grown worse.  It is now so bad again it really can't be driven.  I have sprayed WD40 in the distributer again and this time it didn't change the way it runs.  I have sprayed down my vacuum lines with throttle body cleaner and I don't think I have any leaks.  I am not sure the EGR is working right.  I can't ever feel it move when revving the throttle, maybe engine has to under sustained load to open.  It has been extremely wet this year and now extremely hot and humid.  I can't figure it out.  Going to replace coolant temp sensor and attempt to remove Air intake temp sensor (pretty sure this one will just break off). Maybe try to do EGR delete?  Getting tired of throwing money at it, but at a loss for what else to try.

Replaced the following already

Fuel pump

fuel filter

CPS

O2 sensor

Plugs and wires

Did you ever figure it out?