Spark and Fuel but NO Start

I have been posting up in my project thread and appreciate the feed back and help I have gotten there but thought I would post here to see if any one can suggest something I have not tried or thought of. For more background info if you care to look is here : http://comancheclub.com/topic/44995-ems-mj/

So far I have replaced the ECU (the old one had a burnt circuit), CPS and have done the # 1,3,4,5,6,7 and 9 of Crusiers's renix tips and had the truck running for a few days. It got harder and harder to start and would not idle util warm. Then last time i had it started i drove the truck about 1/4 mile down the road i held the throttle wide open and the truck backfired, stuttered, picked up again and then back fired and then died. I looked under the truck and the muffler had blown out. It may have had a exhaust restriction? The muffler was in like new condition but some critter may have built a nest in it from it sitting for a few years. After this I have been unable to get it started. My first thought was a fuel problem so I pulled the tank and the fuel pump. The pickup sock had fell off i reinstalled it and reinstalled the tank along with a new fuel filter I then tested the fuel pressure. I am gettin around 36 psi while cranking and 39 after cranking. I have listened to the injectors with a stethoscope and they are seem to be spraying...maybe some more pronounced then others tho.

I have also checked for spark at each plug and they are all getting spark. Altho i thought it seemed to be a weak arc and the plugs were wet so i replaced the cap and rotor. Still no start. Next step I am planning for this evening is to replace the plug wires and plugs.

I hate to throw money at it, but so far i think most of these things needed replaced anyways. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. 

I bought new plugs they had to order plug wires. i came home pulled all the plugs turned the engine over w/o plugs then set the gap on the plugs and installed them. cranked it over and nothing. Then I busied myself with other things and installed the driveshaft. then i tried to start it again. It kinda started to hit alittle so i held the throttle open and it came even closer to starting. I cranked on it some and let the starter rest. Then finally it caught up and started. it bellowed white smoke for a min. i drove it around abit but it never got to where it would idle. It would restart if i feathered the throttle. Thoughts?

• 1 month later...