No spark

I bought a 1991 Comanche that has a 1988 Cherokee 4.0 in it.  I can get it to crank, but no fire.  The crank sensor plug has power to it, but the plug on the wiring harness is different than the one on the motor.  The wiring harness has three wires, the other has two.  Any ideas?

The motor and transmission are both 88, and it's automatic.  We're trying to plug this all into the 91 wiring harness.

As before, if using your 91 Chrysler electronics system, including the 3-wire 91 CPS it has to have, you will need to swap out your 88 Renix flexplate with a 91 and up HO flexplate. The 91 HO Chrysler CPS will not read the Renix flexplate pulse ring.

You will also need the HO engine harness, HO sensors, throttle body, and distributor installed to feed the HO computer.

The computer must match the harness and sensors. Therefore swapping the HO computer for the Renix computer will also require swapping the entire underhood harness, using all the Renix sensors, then figuring out how to mate the Renix harness with the 91 HO body harnesses. Tough job. BUT, you could also use the existing Renix flexplate with this configuration. To me that would be taking a step backward and counterproductive.

I'd use the 88 Renix block with the HO sensors, HO head, HO throttle body, and HO flex plate.