4x4 problems

ive been having problems with my 4x4 locking in, i was having trouble a couple weeks ago and i got under it and wiggled the vacuum lines and that seemed to fix it, but now it's not working again, also my 4x4 light will stay on for a day or so after i try to engage to 4 wheel drive. is it my vacuum lines, or my CAD, or both??

Thanks

eee.

lemme find the thread you want. i'll post you a link in a minute if someone else doesn't get you.

the CAD is useless, they were eliminated in later models anyways cause it doesn't do anything positive. the thread is how to shim the shift fork for it into 4 wheel drive so it won't fail then plug the lines.

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/view ... cad+delete

If you choose to keep your CAD, check all of the vacuum lines. There are three lines. One to engage, one to turn the light on after it is engaged, and the third to disengage it. Mine was not engaging because there was a clog in one of the metal lines. There are also a couple of check valves. I think the valves are to maintain the light function and to bleed off the vacuum when disengaged so the light goes out.

Don't worry too much about the check valves. Just trace the vacuum through the system to find a leak or a clog. From memory the red line in the photo is manifold vacuum, yellow is CAD engage, green is disengage, blue is vent, and white (farther downstream) is light.