almost there

tkgibbs27

just finished my classes today for school, came out with two A's and four B's, best grades i have had in my five years of high school. though my first freshman year wouldn't really count because i hardly even went. graduation is this saturday, i am pretty excited to finally walk.

Guest vzehler

Congratulations. I know your probably chomping at the bit to get outta that place. But, you'll miss the social aspect of high school soon enough. I know the school work sucks but hopefully your education won't end here. Play your cards right and get yourself a college degree or atleast some kind of technical schooling, it will pay off in the long run.

that's what i have been told, this year i told online classes rather than sitting in a classroom so i wasn't around a group of people, it was kind of lame.

well once i get back from florida, i start my apprenticeship with the carpenters union, then i am heading off to a heavy equipment operating school, and then off to college for some kind of degree in business. once i finish that, i am going to sign up for the ROTC program in the air force. and i started reading this computer book so i can go take a test to become A+ certified.

for the most part i know what i want to do and have been working towards getting there. i lucked out with the carpenters union though seeing as how my friends dad is part of it and a lot of his friends are in the union, so he got me hooked up with one of the main guys and he guaranteed to get me in and get me working right away.

Glad to hear you are graduating. The good thing about going through a Union to learn a trade, is they have set standards and principles. Also they look out for the workers as they are training, and after. Once you become a Journeyman, yyou can travel with your union card in hand and work out of any Union hall as long as you pay the correct fee's, and they have work. I belonged to SteamFitters/Pipefitters Union till I gave it up to be a Iron Worker :nuts: Now I work in a PaperMill and we are part of the USW (United Steel Workers ).

I also say go to Operator school. They make good money where I am at, but they have a long apprenticeship here (8000 hr), and there are not that many jobs for operators.

Your a pretty ambitious dude thats a good sized list of stuff.

I'm graduating high school soon too, joining the navy nuclear power program, see where that takes me. After the schooling you can become an officer and void that contract for a new one, so I might end up doing that.

Its gonna be sad though I don't want the MJ to sit there and rust up while I'm gone, so i'm going to have to sell it.