Yard truck turned rockcrawler

This truck was my yard truck for 2 yrs then I turned it into a trail truck/rock crawler the{crappy} 2.8 runs great! This phase1 welded diffs/front swabar removed/control arms boxed/springover in rear/bobed bed, phase 2 will include d44's and bigger tires,new red paint

[I'mg]mesure twice cut once[I'mg] Sawsall![/img]rite to the shackles4:10 gears seam to work just fine I've personally have good luck with{crappy}2.8's and have a nack? for tuning every once of power from them!

I'm assuming that that is a long bed turned short bed, not short bed to shorter bed. do you happen to have any more pics of the bed bob process? if not might you be able to take some pics of the back? do you ever have a problem with the shackles hitting on anything? i would like to do this to my long bed when i get it up and running.

thanks, and sweet rig.

Jonathan

The bed was only shortened after the rear wheels,between the wheels and cab is stock,I was carefull to cut where the body lines would match and only the rear most bed mount was eliminated,I have a small 110 volt mig that I welded it back together with about 2" at a time skipping 2" in between coming back to fill in later after it cooled down.More body work will be done,but not to any extreem,I won't trash the body either! I also did a spring over in back eliminating a stiff add a leaf installed by the previous owner.That alone added a lot of flex! at the same time I removed the rear shocks some of the guys around here run xj's on the street without shocks? seams to work any way I also removed the front sway bar and boxed the front control arms for added strenth.The truck allready had 3" lift on it when I got it,other mods include the battery moved to the bed the factory rollbar moded for added strenth,welded front&rear diffs,welded axle disconnect,removed all emmsions controls& unesscary vacume systems from engine{I wish I had before and after pics of engine} Future mods include Waggyd44's,bigger tires,new red paint