Another Problem *CLUNK*

When I turn my wheel to the left. There is a very loud clunking noise. It seem to be coming from above the front skid plate in the area of the stabilizer. I am at work and will drop the skid tomorrow to investigate. But want some ideas on where to start Could stabilizer bushings be causing this?

...The driver side is also where i have had a clicking and think I need to replace the u-joint

When I turn my wheel to the left. There is a very loud clunking noise. It seem to be coming from above the front skid plate in the area of the stabilizer. I am at work and will drop the skid tomorrow to investigate. But want some ideas on where to start Could stabilizer bushings be causing this?

...The driver side is also where i have had a clicking and think I need to replace the u-joint

Don't remember if your rig is lifted, but it could be the end of the stabilizer bar hitting the coil spring, or the end link bushings themselves are shot. The end links for the 1992 XJ/MJ sway bars are about 1-1/2" longer than the previous links; sometimmes the longer end links are all you'll need for coil spring clearance. This is one of the few places I prefer polly over rubber bushings. And of course check the stab bar mounting bushings too.

No lift, my jeep is stock. 89 4.0 4WD. I was planning on replacing my stabilizer bushings, so I guess i will spend the extra and get polly.

What size for an 89? they list from 22mm to 28mm.

No lift, my jeep is stock. 89 4.0 4WD. I was planning on replacing my stabilizer bushings, so I guess i will spend the extra and get polly.

What size for an 89? they list from 22mm to 28mm.

If you don't have a 0-1" micrometer, best way is to use an adjustable wrench so it just slips over the bar, then measure the wrench gap w. a metric ruler. For the s/b mounting bushings, I like rubber better. For the poly bushings I was referring to the s/b end link bushings.