anyone here looking for a NEW 4 cylinder motor?

JeepcoMJ

a local club member (doesn't make it on here very often) is being forced to sell his MJ...

I'm interested in the truck, but not the motor. it is freshly rebuilt with the block bored .030 over. fresh valve lap, head, timing chain, complete rebuild. this is the longblock only.

what is the value of this motor, and does anyone need it.

How many miles on eng? Was it a crate rebuild or owner rebuild? Was all new/remfg parts used in rebuild? What year? Carb/TBI/MPI? Need info to place a realistic value on it. :roll:

long block, no intake, no exhaust. of course, those parts can be included and no worries about extra cost. he has all the gaskets for it as well

new parts used in rebuild, zero miles on it since rebuild. professionally bored and machined, owner rebuilt.

considering a reman 2.5 goes for $1100 with no bore, I figure it's worth half that to be fair...and he's got more than half that that into the motor as is.

Parts value & maching probally $400 into it. No warranty. Don't know of anyone buying used equipment who places monetary value (i.e., an hourly wage) on someone elses time effort in a DIY project. Expected personal loss factor that one usually experiences on his personal expenditure outlay. What I personally think it's worth to me. Being a tight a--, and trying to haggle a good deal, I'd probally offer 350 and cut off my high at 450. But thats just me, anyone else got an idea?

Everybody wants a deal, that's what we look for. I understand how much goes in projects in dollars and labor. If it were broken in, meaning started and put through the break in period for the cam I would go $600-800. Here's the problem, just because he did it himself does not mean he's good at it. You may know he is but we don't. If I spent that same $600-800 on a no guarentee motor and it blows at start up shame on me so I would only spend the $350 like dezipped. Based on the chance she'll MOBY DICK on me.