stereo installs, lets see um

georgiaboy27

Was wondering if anybody has tried to install in dash dvd in their comanche, I am going to purchase one and was concerned about the dash overhang as a problem for the screen........show me some systems and installs guys,I need some ideas so I can have a clean install......

IIRC, it was JohnQ that has/had one in his MJ. What I do remember though is that the overhang does in fact create an issue for the screen, causing it not to open fully. One option he was looking into was relocating the stereo lower, like into the slot where either the heater controls, or the vent go. Either one of those would require a bit of modification to work properly though. That's all again, if my remembory is working on par.

HTH

beaterjeep is remembering correctly. From JohnQ's buildup thread:

Ideally i would like to move the a/c controls to where the vent is, relocate the vent somewhere else (change holder in the full console maybe) and put in a double din system. Its pretty far on my to do list, and not sure it would work anyway.

I have seen some of the kits that have the slide in piece that extends the head unit away from the dash,which might just work...but just wanted to see some ideas first, I even have seen a guy that had a cherokee for sale down here that put the flip down monitor in and saved the trouble, I just don.t want the "Bling" factor to get out of hand....lol