4.0 fuel line disconnect from injector rail

OK, calling all you 4.0 wizards.....

How do you get the rear fuel line disconnected off the rail? I've got the special tool, which works great for the supply line to the regulator, but there's not enough room to slip the tool over the metal line and get it inside the fitting to pop it.

Is there a special-special tool?

Jeff

I had the same issue using the pliers style special tool. I think I ended up using a pair of needle nose pliers to squeeze the projecting ends of the connector and got it to release. The parts store had several styles of disconnect tools, one of which was a plastic disk shape that probably would have worked better than the pliers shaped set I bought.

On that type of line you do not need a tool. You can see the plasctic ears sticking out...just grab those, squeeze them and pull the line off. I know it is that simple because I have done it on my '88 3 times now ;) . It's only the newer style with the metal inner clips that require the disconnect tool. If you try to use that tool on the older type, it makes it harder to get off as you are trying to spread out the plastic clip when you should be sqeezing it :cheers: .

On that type of line you do not need a tool. You can see the plasctic ears sticking out...just grab those, squeeze them and pull the line off. I know it is that simple because I have done it on my '88 3 times now ;) . It's only the newer style with the metal inner clips that require the disconnect tool. If you try to use that tool on the older type, it makes it harder to get off as you are trying to spread out the plastic clip when you should be sqeezing it :cheers: .

YUP!! jamminz.gifjamminz.gifjamminz.gif