Power Doors?

I swapped power window and door hardware over from an XJ.

I grabbed the power window hardware and wiring too, but ended up chucking it because it seemed like too much extra work for not a whole lot of extra "wow".

Not sure about the keyless entry. I have plans to just get an aftermarket entry and remote start kit and wire it in.

For the power window / doors you just need to get all the internal motors and servos (grab the "arms" too, I know there was an extra one that I needed to get the power locks to work), the wiring (between the two doors too) and the switches.

Or you could do what I did and just grab the whole door and move it over piece by piece when you have the time.

Hope this helps.

God Bless,

Ben @ Loco4WD.com

well, I'm looking at parts from a 94 xj ltd right now, i planned on just taking the doors right off and putting them right on the mj, i just wasnt sure exactly what electrical pieces i would need from elswhere in the xj in order to have the full function of the power doors. BTW Ben, did you ever decide what your doing with your MJ?

Erik

What you'd need is both doors, and the harness that runs between the two doors. Also, if you are trying the power mirror thing, you'll need the harness and switch that connects to the center console.

About the MJ, I figure I'm gonna keep it for a bit longer. Getting the diesel truck I really want isn't in the picture until 2010 (probably a silverado 2500), so I might as well just keep the MJ for a little while longer. Besides I'm only a few parts short of the complete build.

God Bless,

Ben @ Loco4WD.com

well, I'm looking at parts from a 94 xj ltd right now, i planned on just taking the doors right off and putting them right on the mj, i just wasnt sure exactly what electrical pieces i would need from elswhere in the xj in order to have the full function of the power doors. BTW Ben, did you ever decide what your doing with your MJ?

Erik

well, I'm looking at parts from a 94 xj ltd right now, i planned on just taking the doors right off and putting them right on the mj, i just wasnt sure exactly what electrical pieces i would need from elswhere in the xj in order to have the full function of the power doors. Erik

If you just want power windows and don't want to deal with or can not find the correct cross-body harness, all you need is three wires connecting the two doors. I just used a piece of 3-conductor 16AWG power cable. If you want to add power mirrors later, add another run of the same power cable. I can send you the wiring schematics if you need them. Don