Lynn

Not sure if this is the right place to stop by and say hi.

I was referred to this forum by Josh from BMJA. He recently sold me his 88 MJ project. Here’s a pic right after I got it, posing on the comp course at Rausch Creek. His name is Junior, because he’s just like my other truck, Spike, but a shortbed instead of a longbed.

chief.jpg

I’ve since taken it home and had it inspected, and had the back glass and smoker’s windows replaced. The wheel/tire combo was put onto Spike and now Junior is running 31’s. It’s lifted so high I had to put 31’s on it just to get in and out comfortably. I’ll be putting rocker guards with steps on it at some point. I’m on the fence about what direction to take this truck. It’s ready for the kind of trail riding I do (greens/blues) but it’s in awfully good condition, the only rust I’ve found is in the floorboard from water coming in through the firewall. It was damaged in the front and could really use a paint job but estimates to paint it properly are running more than what I paid for it. LOL! But the different shades of red and its bumps and bruises are starting to grow on me (chicks are supposed to dig body damage after all). I figure if I do take it wheeling, I’ll just have to take the time to run down to town and wash it good.

Here’s Spike doing what he does best, wheeling and hauling firewood from the trails. He is so named because I got the truck from the local coal company and the interior had about a dozen railroad spikes, both large and small, lying around and so I called him Spike. He also had about an inch of coal dirt throughout the interior and a bunch of rust. I collected some parts from various places and now he’s running 4:56 gears with a Detroit in the rear, SOA with Skyjacker coils in the front. I’ve had only minor issues with it but it’s put up with over a year’s worth of wheeling and working just about every weekend.

DSC01304.JPG

I also have a third MJ, but engine problems caused it to get parked, and then little by little, folks wheeling at the park needed parts to get home, so now that’s missing the starter, pitman arm, radiator, driver’s door, back glass, tailgate, front bumper, and taillights. So that’s officially the parts donor truck for when Junior and Spike need help.

I'm sure I'll be on here asking questions if the search feature doesn't answer my questions. I've enjoyed surfin this forum.