Front Suspension Rebuild, convert to ZJ??

Hey everyone, first post on the forums. Kinda new to this and kinda new to working on cars.  I tried to get an alignment on my Comanche and was told by two shops I would need new tie rods, control arms, bushings and all that. Basically a front suspension rebuild.  I've seen a couple posts about converting to the V8 ZJ front suspension because its basically bolt on and its more durable.  Is that true? Any recommendations?

These are the parts that I have put in cart from RockAuto. Anything I'm missing? Not 100% on changing the pitman arm its just in the cart as a maybe.

Any advice helps thank you 

IMG_1790.jpeg

IMG_1789.jpeg

IMG_1788.jpeg

The ZJ pitman arm is the wrong drop for the XJ/MJ. You don’t want to run it unless you’re adjusting your track bar mount by the same amount.

The steering linkage is marginally sturdier, and the springs will net you a bit of lift because they’re stiffer. Otherwise it’s all the same components.
I guess the ZJ steering box is a quicker ratio as well but that’s not really a strength upgrade. 

No need to change the power steering pump, unless yours is shot, in which case I would get the correct pump for your engine, probably not a concern but there were mounting changes over the years. 

If stock length is fine I would go with WJ control arms over the ZJ. The ZJ arms are the same as what you already have. You need to do a touch of grinding to make them fit but they’re the same length but sturdier, give better tire clearance, and have nicer bushings. 

Thanks for your input, I have a bit more understanding now.

So for the control arms, I thinking of staying with MJ control arm replacements unless those WJ control arms aren't to much of a hassle.  A certain year/engine WJ you recommend so I can look up parts easier?

So what do you recommend I do for the track bar, tie rod ends, tie rod, and tie rod sleeve? ZJ or WJ?

2000 Grand Cherokee for the WJ arms. Engine doesn’t matter the control arms are the same. There’s write ups on making them fit in the suspension section here: 

ZJ tie rod, tie rod ends, drag link.
If you’re replacing all the suspension components and wanting to lift it, I’d just lift it now. No sense wasting money on new suspension parts only to rip them off.

Any front XJ lift will work. If you’d be happy with a 2” lift, spacers are cheap and 2” is about as high as you want to go on stock length control arms, track bar, and shocks. 

For 3” you’ll want longer control arms, track bar, and shocks. There’s lots of options for a 3” XJ front kit, just make sure you read reviews. There’s a lot of cheap junk out there. You might be able to save money or get better performance out of piecemealing your own kit together, but if you’re not sure what you want the kits are a great way to go to make sure you’re not forgetting anything.

There’s also some decent info in that thread I linked, stuff to give you inspiration, maybe answer some questions.