Suggestions on leaf springs

I’m trying to replace some sad saggy leaf springs on my ‘90 eliminator. I put Bilstein 5100’s and 2” spacers with the stock coils which raised the pickup nicely but the leaf springs are so worn out that any load whatsoever squats the bed like a south Carolina squatting dog. Found these OME leafs on 4 wheel parts that say they are compatible. Any one have experience with these? How much will I gain in height over stock? Ride quality/load capacity? Any info anyone has would be appreciated.

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/arb-old-man-emu-leaf-spring-cs005rb/_/R-BHWQ-CS005RB

With enough time and money you can make anything fit. But you might want to get a spec sheet for the springs before pulling the trigger. Whether from 4wheelparts or ARB (OME) themselves.

These are listed for 60 to 62-series Land Cruisers. 30 seconds of googling suggests they’re probably anywhere from 5 to 10” too short eye-to-eye for an MJ but considering I didn’t find anything specific on those specific leaf springs, just FJ60 in general, I can’t make any claims. I’ve never seen any reference to using Toyota springs under an MJ either, but that doesn’t mean much.

Talk to a local spring/suspension shop.  You can get your springs re-arched, they’ll probably want to add a leaf to the pack as well. They can add additional height while they’re in there if you really want. I just had hopefully 5” put into a set of MJ springs, but haven’t got them installed yet so TBD on actually getting 5”. But it cost me less to doctor the springs than those FJ60 springs you’re looking at. You can of course also add your own leaf from something else, put in lift shackles, or even just new leaf springs will gain you some height. My longbed is sitting almost 4” below factory height on its original springs. 

2 hours ago, gogmorgo said:

With enough time and money you can make anything fit. But you might want to get a spec sheet for the springs before pulling the trigger. Whether from 4wheelparts or ARB (OME) themselves.

These are listed for 60 to 62-series Land Cruisers. 30 seconds of googling suggests they’re probably anywhere from 5 to 10” too short eye-to-eye for an MJ but considering I didn’t find anything specific on those specific leaf springs, just FJ60 in general, I can’t make any claims. I’ve never seen any reference to using Toyota springs under an MJ either, but that doesn’t mean much.

Talk to a local spring/suspension shop.  You can get your springs re-arched, they’ll probably want to add a leaf to the pack as well. They can add additional height while they’re in there if you really want. I just had hopefully 5” put into a set of MJ springs, but haven’t got them installed yet so TBD on actually getting 5”. But it cost me less to doctor the springs than those FJ60 springs you’re looking at. You can of course also add your own leaf from something else, put in lift shackles, or even just new leaf springs will gain you some height. My longbed is sitting almost 4” below factory height on its original springs. 

Thanks for the reply. I actually found the MJ springs on General Springs that I’ll probably end up going with. I had my doubts about FJ springs working too. Mine are currently about 4” less than stock too. Almost a straight line eye to eye. Any weight at all has it riding on the stops. 

You still have bump stops 😳 

My tires are my bump stops right now :crazy:  The actual rubber bump stops have been awol for the whole twelve years I’ve owned the truck. But I did get a set to put on when I put the springs in. Crown 52002393. I don’t have a good recommendation on where to get them, I wasn’t thrilled with where I got them from, and I don’t know if they’d sell to the States anyhow.