Problem Starting

Hey guys I'm having a bit of a problem with a new comanche i just bought...its an 89 comanche 4.0 5 spd manual 2wd ... the problem is that it won't start or takes forever to start .... it will just crank forever ... then ill mess with the ignition coil area where the wires are and all of a sudden when i try again sometimes it will turn on...seems like a common problem for these lil trucks my previous one had a similar problem...any help or does anyone know a solution i really want to drive my truck to school but since its not very dependable i havent been able too...thnx in advance guys...cheers :brows:

Hey guys I'm having a bit of a problem with a new comanche i just bought...its an 89 comanche 4.0 5 spd manual 2wd ... the problem is that it won't start or takes forever to start .... it will just crank forever ... then ill mess with the ignition coil area where the wires are and all of a sudden when i try again sometimes it will turn on...seems like a common problem for these lil trucks my previous one had a similar problem...any help or does anyone know a solution i really want to drive my truck to school but since its not very dependable i havent been able too...thnx in advance guys...cheers :brows:
:cheers:

You may have a dirty connector. Sometimes the wires running to the dist. will break. Sometime if you just unplug the connector and plug them back up will work. The crankshalf position sensor connector will get dirty and do the same thing. It is at the back of valve cover on drivers side. Two wires runing down to the back of bell houseing :cheers: