Fuse panel/box wiring question

Chasing down open circuits and cleaning up wiring on my 88 Comanche, and I see what looks like a PO "mod" combining 2 black with yellow stripe wires and also 2 yellow with black strip wires on these 2 jumpers into the fuse box.  Can anyone tell me what these are?  Where they previously attached to the back side maybe?  Any recommendations other than checking/cleaning up the splice/connections?  Thanks!

20230311_103824.jpg.8fa1f5bf661d9304330778b7e3bd78e7.jpg

Nothing worse than a PO that's messed with the original wiring.  Based on the '88 Electrical Manual, those might be wires for the transmission control and backup/turn signals:

image.png.4757dec0d76b493388c78fe7d742b261.png

I think the PO may have bypassed the original terminals if they were corroded (I can partially see something weird in the empty "TURN B/U 20" fuse slot in your pic.  You can actually buy new terminals from DelCity to replace any corroded ones and go back to the original orientation.

Thanks, this helps... wiring is better than what I found on my '75 Triumph Spitfire when I got that... it had (household) wire nuts in several places, and more than a few hot wires that went no where (as if those cars weren't fire hazards already). 

On 3/12/2023 at 6:33 AM, EdJarHead said:

Thanks, this helps... wiring is better than what I found on my '75 Triumph Spitfire when I got that... it had (household) wire nuts in several places, and more than a few hot wires that went no where (as if those cars weren't fire hazards already). 

Haha nice.  The wire nuts always make me laugh.  My truck had corroded terminals and bypasses similar to yours, as well as a bunch of sensor wires simply cut off in the engine bay.  Also needed new bulb sockets for most of the blinkers/markers (I didn't even know those could go bad).